Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Mardi Gras/Carnival Inspired Makeup Tutorial (Collab) and Costume


I teamed together with Miss Pixie Lulu to do a 'Mardi Gra/Carnival' Inspired look which was so much fun to do :)  I chose the path of 'Harlequin/Pantamime' for mine, lots of black and white with a touch of red/fushia to break it all up, I really love the finished result of both versions, the way they are completely contrasting shows how you can mix things up and get a real individual look.


See Lucy's version here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ib50yWxuPt8&feature=channel_video_title

Working with black and white is not the easiest thing to do, it can get very messy so you need to be patient and allow a lot of time to get it right.  It's a perfect look for fancy dress/masquerade parties or any Mardi Gra and Carnival you might want to get involved in.



To complete the look I made my outfit up of items I already had, the only thing I purchased were the stockings, mask base and a few ribbons. Refer to previous blog post for DIY on mask and headpiece.

Outfit:

Papermache mask - art supply store $3.00 (DIY tut on previous blog post)
Headpiece (DIY tut on previous blog post)
striped singlet - tightrope (years ago)
puffy skirt, shrug, fingerless gloves (kittycat costume I already had) tail removed
patterned stockings - cosmetics plus $8.00
belt - Brisbane (already had)
black pumps - Brisbane (already had)
bracelet - diva (already had)
ring - diva (already had)
necklace - gift from friend 5 years ago
and a couple of balloons left over from my brother's birthday hahaha :)

** When you're planning a 'costume' for a fancy dress event try to use what you already have so that there is minimal outlay because these are not things that you will be wearing all the time so it's best not to spend too much money on them.  Go through your clothes and you might be surprised at what you come up with using a little imagination :) and if you don't have what you need, visit your local op-shop/thrift store for something, this way you will be pretty much guaranteed that no one else will be wearing the same as you! :)


3 comments:

  1. I just saw this tutorial, and it's so cool! I loved it :D I'm a new suscriber to your YouTube channel. Your tutorials are really helpful and brilliant :) Hope you keep making videos! I'm following you here on Blogger too :)

    Keep up the great work! :)
    xoxo
    lizzy
    lizzieness07.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... this makeup is awesome! I love it :D

    B.
    insidemymindb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing make up. Make up become an art!!
    3lin

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment, it's really appreciated :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...