Monday, August 29, 2011

IMATS Sydney 2011



I’m so excited, I’ve got my tickets booked, I get to go on a plane for the very first time, I get to see Sydney and I get to go to my very first IMATS :)

Yep, I’m talking about the Sydney IMATS 2011, it’s brought to us by ‘Makeup Artist Magazine’ and will be held on the 24th and 25th September at the Sydney Convention Centre at Darling Harbour. If you don’t know what IMATS stands for it means the ‘International Makeup Artist Trade Show’ and it is the perfect opportunity for professional and up-and-coming make-up artists to learn about the latest products and techniques on the market, stock their kits and meet other like minded people.  It’s not only for people in the trade though because anyone who has a love of makeup can attend this wonderful two day event and buy products that are hard to find in Australia hopefully at a reduced price. 

This is the third Sydney IMATS to take place and each year it’s bigger and better than the year before. We are pretty privileged because IMATS is only on in America, England, Australia and Canada so if we want to keep it here in Australia we need to spread the word so more people know about it and attend so that each year it will be better than the last.

There will be some great Speakers such as Napoleon Perdis, Rae Morris, Donna Mee and Pursebuz from YouTube just to name a few and there will be some great demonstrations taking place along with the Student Competition, this year’s themes are ‘tribal’ and ‘mythological’. There’s also a makeup museum where you can see some great ‘special effects’ sculptures and designs from film and television and if you’re looking at studying makeup artistry in the future there’s plenty of Academies showcasing their courses.

Just some of the exhibitors that will be there are Crown Brushes, Napoleon Perdis, Naked Cosmetics, Inglot, BodyFX, Mehron, Ben Nye and Makeup Forever just to name a few and MAC will have a stand there as well.

So I’m going to be there all day on Saturday and maybe catch a show or two on the Sunday, the doors open at 8.30am Saturday and 10.00am Sunday, so if anyone else is going and you see me there don’t be shy, come up and say hello cos I’d love to meet you and I know quite a few other Youtube Girls will be there (just look up IMATS Sydney 2011 on Youtube to see some other videos), so hopefully I’ll get to meet some of them. I’ll be making another video after IMATS letting you know what it was like and I’d love to include some other people in there. 

So yeah if you see me there, come up and say hello, I’ll be the one with the camera :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment, it's really appreciated :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...