Tuesday, February 7, 2012

K-Gravel Texture Clay - Review

O&M K-Gravel Texture Clay
Photo property of AdoreBeauty

So my boyfriend was playing around with the idea of getting ‘dreads’ for something a little different and I suggested that I give him some ‘fake dreads’ first so he can get an idea of what they might look like :)

I've had the 'K-Gravel Texture Clay' for a few weeks now and have been wanting to try it on someone, my brothers both had their hair cut so my plans for them went out the window!! hahaha :/ So when Tom mentioned the dreadlocks to me I thought I could use the Clay.

I asked him to come walking with 'not so clean hair' and I set about styling his locks. I got about a finger nail amount in my palm and warmed it up so it was easier to work with, I then gathered up small sections of hair (around 2cm) at a time and worked the clay into it. I then twisted the hair from the scalp to the ends and then lightly teased it upwards to give it that ‘dreadie’ look ....... and it didn't work :( hahahha :D

I found the Texture Clay did not work well for this look, yes wax would do the job much better, I'm not sure if it was because of his hair being too short or it's just not 'that' sort of styling clay hahahaha however, I did set about styling it for him in a different way, I found it gave body and texture to his hair and did what it was 'meant' to do.

Please be aware that I am not a hairdresser and have never really had any experience styling boys hair hehehe :P So this is the front of his head and yes I think I may have used a bit too much product but that was from trying to do the dreadies earlier!!! hahaha



The clay is a good styler and does hold to the hair well with the inclusion of ‘pumice’ and it is easy to wash out at the end of the day (or rinse in the park heheheh :P). The smell is noticeable but not offensive. 

You can purchase this product in two sizes, either 25g for $12.95 or 100g for $31.95 from ‘adorebeauty.com’, it may also be available from selected hair salons in Australia.

I have a video on fake dreads on my own hair using different products that you can see HERE if you're interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment, it's really appreciated :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...