Thursday, September 15, 2011

Urban Decay Primer Potion - Depotting!

My Urban Decay Primer Potion appeared to be running out, running dry or both which was a little disappointing as it costs about $32.00 in Australia and it can be very hard to find/buy.  I felt I didn't really get a lot of use from it??  Anyway after some googling and searching I found out that you can depot it, YAY!!

So I grabbed a sharp knife and very carefully cut the bottle in two places ..... wow, I was amazed at how much product was actually left in there, and to think I was about to throw it away O_O you see the little applicator that comes in the Urban Decay bottle doesn't reach the sides of the bottle properly so you can't get it out!!!  I had a small glitter jar that I cleaned out thoroughly and put all the potion in and then labelled it. It even looks better now because the Urban Decay label rubs off and looks awful. So if you are having the same problem with your's, this is all you have to do and if you don't trust yourself to cut it open, get someone to help you.

Old Urban Decay Primer Potion
Cut the bottle open in the centre and at the base
Scoop out the potion with a small spoon end or toothpick
Place potion into a clean jar that has a lid
** I also heard that you can also heat the bottle for about 1.5 - 2.0 mins in the microwave and pour the potion out but I'm not sure how good it is to heat the product up?

1 comment:

  1. I need to do this with mine, it looks so messy to do though..


    http://lucyywrites01.blogspot.com/
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment, it's really appreciated :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...