Saturday, December 3, 2011

Maybelline 'Fit Me' Foundation and Pressed Powder

Recently I've been using the Maybelline 'Fit Me' range Foundation and Pressed Powder in shade 125.

Maybelline - Fit Me. Find your number, find your fit. Discover Fit me - Tailored face range.

Packaging:


Let's start with the packaging shall we, the foundation is packaged in a glass bottle that looks pretty sleek but I personally find it a bit difficult to get the right amount of foundation out, the formula is quite thin so I tend to tip too much out, a pump would have been a great inclusion for this foundation. The packaging on the pressed powder I found was great, it contains both a mirror and sponge applicator underneath the powder compartment and the lid is 'see through' so you can see what's in there :)

Foundation:
Foundation 230_290x240px

This is a sheer to medium coverage foundation that applies smoothly and I find it doesn't 'cake' over time. It's great for dry to normal skin types and even without using a primer it gives a lovely finish without accentuating large pores or inconsistencies. You can also build up the coverage by layering without it looking 'built up' and it will still feel lightweight. I find it blends really nicely and allows your skin to show through yet still be covered. You can apply it with your fingertips, brush or sponge and still get a nice finish.

There are quite a lot of shades to choose from, I find the shade I chose is a little dark for me right now so I may get the lighter shade as well, that way I can also mix the two shades for when my skin 'tans' a little in the summer. The foundation also contains an SPF 18 which is a great bonus :)


As with most foundations, if you have dry skin you should work on that first by moisturising before applying your foundation and if you have oily tendencies, perhaps a foundation geared towards your skin type would be a better purchase. I have a combination skin so I do find I get a little oily on my T-zone through the day but nothing a little powder can't fix and probably nothing more than I do with some other foundations, although it could be the humid weather we have been having lately too.

I do find that this foundation changes colour slightly in the beginning so if you can 'test' it and let it 'oxidize' for a while before purchasing that would be great so that you get the right shade. It doesn't change too dramatically on me but each person is different.

Pressed Powder:
MFA-1A010c_Product (290x240)


I have no problems with the pressed powder, I've been using it quite a lot and have found it to be light and easy to use. It applies smoothly and evenly and is a great tool to use for my T-zone when it gets a little oily. As with the foundation, there is a great range of shades to choose from. I do prefer to use a brush with mine instead of the sponge as I like the finish better but the sponge is a good thing to have for touch ups when you're out and don't want to be carrying too much around with you.

**********************

Overall, I think for the price you pay you are getting a pretty good product, these are not marketed as 'high end' or as 'full coverage' and will not suit everyone. Like anything, if you can try it before you buy it you shouldn't be disappointed. This is not my 'favourite' but it does the job :) The only downside would be the size of the product itself, I would have preferred it a little bit bigger.

** Unfortunately I couldn't take my own photos because my camera was being stubborn, the photos in this post are the property of Maybelline.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment, it's really appreciated :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...