Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Dyeing my Hair with L'Oreal Casting Creme Gloss

It's that time again, my ends were getting quite 'brassy' which isn't a look I care for so off to the supermarket I go for a new hair colour :)  This time around it's 'L'Oreal Casting Creme Gloss' in 'Dark Chocolate' .... love the name :)


My hair is naturally mid-dark brown so going darker for me is just what I do.  I don't like the 'orangey browns' that much or the 'purple browns' so I tried to keep the colour pretty natural looking .... don't want to go upsetting the school at this late stage of the game now do I?

The instructions were simple to follow and pretty well explained, I like the way the box has a hole cut out for holding the bottle.  I don't like the metal squeezy bottle that the formula came in, I always feel like these can break open at any time when squeezing the last drops out!

Same procedure as with most home dyes, mix formula and activator together, shake well before opening and then open before exploding :) put some vaseline around your hairline to help prevent staining, place an old towel around your shoulders and be sure to put your gloves on .... then apply to sections of hair on top first (especially if you have regrowth) and work your way around leaving the ends 'til last.  Leave on for approx 20 mins (I left mine on for 25 cos I was watching a show and forgot to look at the time  oooooops!) all was good - then rinse off thoroughly with warm water until it runs clear, apply conditioner, leave for a couple of mins and then rinse out.   TA DA ..... freshly dyed hair! :) Oh, and the smell wasn't too bad either.

I'm happy with this colour, it doesn't make my face look too pale or grey and it doesn't have too much 'red' in the sun making it look 'too fake' at school.



This photo was taken three days after dyeing my hair.  Thumbs up for L'Oreal Casting Creme Gloss' :)

1 comment:

  1. I don't dye my hair, but I know alot that use this and say it's so amazing.

    http://lucyywrites01.blogspot.com/
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment, it's really appreciated :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...